Ninja Level iOS Developers at StylePixi are highly technical, hands-on engineers and effective people leaders. We are looking for outstanding leaders who love to code, love to dive into hard technical problems, and love to build and lead outstanding teams. Your approach to coding should be to help find elegant solutions to large problems, and have the ability to direct others to help you complete them.
- Focus mobile teams on delivering results and sustainable productivity
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers in agile processes to to provide technical feasibility, specifications, and estimates
- Develop a clear vision, strategy, and objectives for Mobile Engineering at StylePixi
- Guide architectural decisions, prioritization, and enthusiastically dive into code
- Stay current on iOS, Android and other mobile platform technology trends and best practices
- Be an excellent communicator by listening and sharing information between teams
- Be a good citizen of the local technology community
- Define and implement improvements to software development processes, lead and facilitate effective agile practices
- A post-secondary degree, ideally in computer science
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with iOS
- 5+ years of people management experience in a software organization
- A track record of delivering high quality mobile products using evolving agile methodologies
StylePixi is seeking a Data Wizard to join the Data Team. You will work with other Data Junkies, and the product team to measure the actions and interactions users have in StylePixi in order to drive innovation on current and future products.
Individuals in this role are expected to have a passion for understanding social phenomena from data, be comfortable working as a quantitative researcher and to take on software engineering tasks.
The candidate should have a good grasp of a variety of data science techniques and the ability to use them to answer hard questions about our product. Merely knowing the math isn’t enough. Engaging with the right people to make sure you understand what actually must be solved is key.
Your creative mind will dream up solutions and your persistence will get you through the iterations of prototyping and implementation.
Your analytics models will be gauged by usefulness, not novelty, complexity or mathematica beauty. Those models are going to be used and have to be kept up-to-date.
- Curiosity, creativity, skepticism, and persistence
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis preferably for a social web company
- Comfort in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Hands-on experience with tools like R or Matlab to analyze and model data using statistics and machine learning
- Solid programming skills in a modern programming language like Python
- Fluency with relational databases and SQL
- BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or other technical field